Friday, March 09, 2007

Just Walk

Possibly young Noah's favorite story...

"Tell me about Great Grandpa Enoch again, Papa," young Noah might have said. "Did God really take him away?"

"Yes," Lamech assured his son. "He walked with God every day. He loved the Lord and taught his children and grandchildren to love God as well."

Noah nodded. "Go on," he said.

"Well, one day my Grandpa Enoch said to me, 'Lamech, be sure to tell my great grandchildren to walk with God. I won't get a chance to tell them myself.' He was thinking of you, Noah, even before you were born."

"And then what happened, Papa?" Noah liked hearing this part.

"Then he said he was going to meet with God as he usually did in the evening. We watched him go. He was there, and then he was not. God took him."

"Do you think God will take you, Papa, or me?" Noah wanted to know.

"Walk with God, my son. That is enough. God will take us home; how and when are of no concern. Just walk with God."

No comments: