Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Attractor Factor

In "5 Easy Steps" you can create wealth or anything else your heart desires. At least that's the premise of The Attractor Factor by Joe Vitale. It's called the "Law of Attraction" and works because we are walking magnets, pulling into our lives the very things we are thinking and feeling. The simple steps:
1. Know what you don't want.
2. Select what you do want.
3. Clear all negative or limiting beliefs.
4. Feel what it would be like to have, do, or be what you want.
5. Let go as you act on your intuitive impulses, and allow the results to manifest. (p. 176)
The Attactor Factor is heavily influenced by Hindu thought and philosophy. It mixes and confuses eastern spirituality by utilizing some biblical language and concepts. Although many of the principles are in fact truthful - and I actually like the 5 Easy Steps as a daily goal setting practice - the starting point is not from a biblical perspective and points the reader toward trusting an impersonal force or energy rather than the one true God.

2 comments:

Jh said...

That seems to be the case with lots of things I have read, there are wonderful tools to help me with motivation, coping, or whatever, but they don't point me to the Lord.

I try to think of these as the same as tools I would use for cooking, cleaning etc. in that they are useful items to have in my closet but not as a life guide.

Thanks for your reviews. This saves me tons of time not reading all these books myself, LOL!
Jenny

Lyn said...

Jenny said, I try to think of these as the same as tools I would use for cooking, cleaning etc. in that they are useful items to have in my closet but not as a life guide.

Great perspective! And Gwynne pointed out in an above response that we need to keep the Lord as our first priority. So, if that's the case, why not fill up our "tool kit" with all the items we need to live fully for God? lgp